The laundry room houses washers and dryers for Tang residents to use. (As the need arises, Westgate residents are allowed to use it as well.)
- Load clothes in an available washer, and close the door. Please take care not to overload – 50% filled volume of dry clothes is approximately a full load.
- Activate the machine using the Washlava app. Enter the machine number manually in the app or use Washlava’s Bluetooth feature to automatically connect to a free machine. Make sure you have added a payment method (TechCash or card) to the app before this step. If successful, the light on the machine will turn red.
- The respective washer will be activated. Select the wash option on the machine and press start. The washer will display the time remaining as it does the washing.
- Once the washing is done, to dry the clothes, take them out of the washer, careful not to leave any cloth items behind, and use them in an available dryer.
- As with the washer, use the Washlava app to activate a dryer using the number on the dryer or using Bluetooth.
- Once successful, the light on dryer will turn red, select the required options on the machine, and press start. Dryer starts and shows the time remaining.
- Make sure you come back and collect the clothes in a timely manner. Place your laundry bag next to the machine, so that if machines are not available for the next user, they can empty the machine to your bag.